Thursday, March 17, 2011

{Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting}

I want to take a moment to wish everyone a very 
Happy St. Patrick's Day
from Pumpkin Pie Design!

St. Patrick's Day is my #1 favorite holiday of the year.  I have my grandmother to thank for that.  She was 100% Irish & I have ALWAYS been so proud of that piece of our heritage.  I love anything and everything celtic & green is one of those colors that works so well with my olive skintone. :-)

I rarely have the opportunity to celebrate St. Patty's Day as the hubby usually works & more times than not, the holiday falls on a week night & this lady needs to get up early to go to work
{somehow 28 feels old when I don't get my 8 hours of sleep}.
So, I try to celebrate with only the best... delicious treats for my co-workers!
I will look for any excuse to bake!

Last year I found this recipe online & couldn't wait to share it with all of my co-workers!
It was a big hit so I knew it was a must again this year.

Please don't mind my uber dirty Kitchenaid.  I am not the tidiest baker!  I end up with flour and batter EVERYWHERE by the time I'm done!!


This year I made sure to go a little lighter on the Bailey's in the frosting.
A few of us could have gotten a little tipsy last year on the frosting alone... oops.
So, the key is to remember you can always add more Bailey's, but you can never take away.
I HIGHLY recommend a few taste tests in between each tablespoon of Bailey's.

So, if you enjoy these traditional Irish beverages, I highly recommend trying out this recipe!
Enjoy!!


3 comments:

  1. Love this Kalen, thanks for sharing. Do you love your Kitchen Aid mixer or what? I want one so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! I LOVE my Kitchen Aid! My hubby & I had a destination wedding, so most of our family couldn't attend. This was one of few gifts that we received & to be honest, it's the only thing I considered a "must have" on my registry! I was THRILLED when we received it (my poor hubby could have picked a million other things he would have rather had, I'm sure... but, he loves the pasta attachment for it). They are worth EVERY penny! I recommend you start saving your pennies (or wait until you get married... if you are not yet) because I still wouldn't have one if it weren't for my grandparent-in-laws... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum, also LOVE my kitchen aid, can't live without it! Love the humongous photo and the font, cute blog! just visiting from remod. cheers! p.s. i've had my k.a. for more than 10 years now and they are worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete